Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, October 21, 2011

Mucus-ville

Bennett missed the paper - just a little.

That's where I live, in the land of mucus. Last night was misery, no one slept and it was my fault. Not even nyquil knocked me out. I am going to sleep in the back room tonight and I am hoping the new "supreme strength" medicine that Pat got will do the trick. I am so tired of being in the house. I want to be someone other than the one with the wicked cough. Pat said sadly, we didn't get our good week together. And that's a fact. And that means she didn't really get a break and has been doing the heavy lifting for weeks, and will have to next week too, after chemo. I got some good news, Dr. B. didn't think I needed to do anything but make sure I don't get a fever - so I am not allowed to take anything with tylenol in it. It would mask the fever. I working on day four or five of this stupid cold, so I think I am good.

Tanta Di called on Skype and we all got to have a little time with her. It was good to hear from her. I did some knitting while Pat took B to the farm. I heard they ran into Aunties there and dug a hole. Sounds good. Out dirty daughter is in the bath right now- she needed it too because she dropped a spoonful of chocolate mousse down her shirt. The mousse was good and made me less sad about not being able to have ice cream

The best news I got today was Mary is coming to visit the second-ish weekend on November. And on top of that Cousin Libby will be coming for the weekend. Lots of good to look forward to.

My goal for tomorrow is to get out of the house. I am not sure what that means, but by God I am going to do something that doesn't involve sitting on the couch and coughing my brains out. I reserve the right to bring tissue.

No comments:

Post a Comment