Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Adventures of Fred and Vring

and me. We all had a pretty good day. I have been struck by a cold - on top of the cough, so I am a miserable coughing cuss. We had to cancel our trip to NYC to see Bob and Jim this weekend. That is a huge bummer and Bennett is the one who is the most disappointed.

I got to stay in bed reading until 10 this morning. It was a nice luxury. I had a shower and acupuncture, went grocery shopping and picked Bennett up from school. Bennett was sad that I showed up so we hung out and chatted with the teachers and worked on the growth chart they were making. We then went to the bookstore and I had to say no 1000 times. Why does the bookstore have expensive toys at kids eye level? Why does my daughter want dolly things that have a million little pieces? Luckily I steered to some paper dolls and then we left. Oh, we also had creme puffs for a snack. It was pretty deluxe.

Then home to watch Toy Story and soon I will put B to bed and read her some new books. I am such a sucker for book and all things printed. It's dangerous for me to go in the book store. I might have to join AA - Amazon anonymous.

Pat worked hard today. She took apart our broken stove and fixed it. She also found mouse nests - yuck. They're gone now and we lock the kitty in the kitchen overnight and tell her that we expect some mouse corpses in the morning.  I kicked five mice out in 2 days. It's the time of year. They are all coming in from the cemetery behind the house, looking for a warm place for the summer.

Tomorrow I will rest rest rest. I have to kick this crud no matter what before chemo next week. I just can't do these new drugs and have a cold at the same time. That sounds awful. But not to worry, at this moment I don't have to worry, I just have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment