Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, October 17, 2011

Posting with Mashed Potatoes

You'd think after all those months of eating mashed potato soup, I would never touch the stuff again, but who doesn't love mashed potatoes? I also started eating soup again. It sort of snuck up on me.

It's been a so-so day. I started strong by making B pancakes, taking her to swimming and playing with her. Around 12:30 I pooped out and went to rest. Two hours later I woke up. Ooops. I told Pat I was going to be 20 minutes. She's a mensch, and took B to the back room and played with her quietly the whole time. I love her for that - and so many other things.

That's about it. No sneaky bad thoughts, no pain, just me and the B and P and the goodness of the universe. Hokey? Maybe, but that's okay. I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ruth! Sorry I missed you today; glad your day was hokey. I think that's a fine value, myself. Going to NY tomorrow (Tues), one-day turnaround. I'll be thinking about you...Say hi to Bennett and Pat.
    Lots of love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certain that mashed potatoes have a magical quality. Combined mashed potatoes with a long nap and you have the key to contentment.

    Love you. M xx

    ReplyDelete