Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Almost Human

As it happens, it is the Sunday before chemo. That means I have tomorrow to enjoy my new found humanity. I am still tired and coughing, but I have more energy today than I have in weeks. I took a shower, I made some soup, made some pumpkin custard with B, it was mayhem. I am tired from the effort, but happy to have done it all.

And the stress level of the house is totally different. I forget that Pat and Bennett worry about me, and that when I am down they are a little down too. I haven't been out of my PJs since Wednesday, and on that day I wore sweats. This recovery has been long long long - too long. But I have turned a corner, I am alive, I will get over this cold and cough and I will have chemo. I will also get over that.

Bennett has been running around so much lately that she flatly refused to go to Aunties house today. She only wanted to be home (which, apparently include the YMCA, because she was willing to go swimming). So super flexible Aunt Julie came over to play for a while, then Aunt Ruth came over for soup and fixins'. She also brought Bennett a new book about how we sometimes have two feelings at once. She totally got it. She said to me "like when I was at the (Ashfield Fall) festival and I climbed up the ladder after Avy, I was brave and scared." That's my girl.

So tomorrow I will try to get my butt out of bed before 10, but I can't promise anything. I will have fun with Pat and Bennett and I hope to cough even less than I did today. God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment