Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Who's Your Daddy?

There no real reason for that title, except I thought it was funny that Bennett thinks I am the Daddy. I still like it.

Today was the big day - the big birthday party. We were very lucky that we got the first sunny day in five days. We had an old-fashioned party - in the park with cake. It was really fun. Everyone came, some kids from the park joined in, Brad led some running games, Theo and Ruth watched as kids disappeared into the jungle gyms, Pat was good with everyone and provided the much-waited-for kitty cake. Bennett was pretty good with not being too greedy with the presents - it was very hard for her to wait. All 11 balloons ended up in the sky - one at a time, off sad girls' wrists, blown by the wind into the trees. Not even one came home with us. B was a little sad about that.

After the party BFF Avy and Sandy, Brad and Emma came over so B&A could take a dip in the kitty pool.  It was a relief to just sit, put some water on my bald head, drink some seltzer and relish the success of the party with such good people.

We are all wiped out, the house is a disaster, we have a ton of things to unpack, but don't have the energy. And I don't mean I don't have the energy because I have had chemo, but I am feeling like a normal person who is tired in a normal way. Pat is tired, she doesn't get chemo. Bennett is totally wiped out, she doesn't get chemo. And thank God for both of those things.

Tomorrow we will clean up, perhaps our four year old will help. Perhaps not. But it will all get done when it needs to. Tomorrow is Pat first day as a free agent. I am so happy she is home with us. So happy to be here with my family and all the ones we love.

1 comment: