Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Second to Last DAY

Yep, tomorrow we leave our English heaven. We are pretty much packed and ready to go even though our plane doesn't leave until after lunch. We get in at 7:15- it's going to be the longest day that I've experienced in a long time. It will be interesting to see what Bennett thinks.

Bennett is sleeping next to me right now. We had a fun morning going to Hadrian's wall and museum and then to a pub for lunch. We got home, had some leftover trifle for a snack and am now watching football with Alex (and Bennett). Pat is curled up in the living room reading her book. It's so nice to see her so relaxed. We've spent some time talking about what projects we are going to work on next - her job is ending soon and that will give us lots of time to work on the house and maybe even do some artwork. I have a big window I want to do and my church has asked me to make a window for the healing prayer area of our church. I am not sure what to do for that one, but I'll give it a shot.

I hate to leave, but am anxious to get home. I am not anxious to get back to chemo- though i have to say that I am in a way because I want to continue to do well - but I want to see my friends and Zeus and Toes and my stuff. I will truly miss Mary and her family and cooking. I have been spoiled with the most amazing meals - yeasted waffles for brekkie this morning, kefta with pita and salad last night. And, of course, dessert every night. On advice from Libby, I asked for Sticky Toffee pudding one night. My teeth almost fell out it was so sweet, but with double cream it was delicious. I am well on my way to my second goal that I made for myself for this trip - to try all the kinds of cream they have here. Single, double, clotted, soured, and custard which is not a cream but may as well be.

What a great time we've had. I probably won't post tomorrow, unless I am wired from the trip home. I hope we will just get our car out of Logan-hock, have an easy drive home and fall into bed. That sounds like the perfect end to a perfect holiday.

1 comment: