Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, June 3, 2011

A Day at the Beach

I am sitting on Mary's deck overlooking her overgrown and charming garden and the walking bridge that goes over the river Tyne and takes us to the town of Wylam. This only tops of a most wonderful day at the Beach. The weather is gorgeous and we all piled into the car, along with two of Cousin Anna's friends, and drove first to an ice cream shop where they make their own ice cream. I had a flavor called Just Jersey, which tasted like frozen cream - it was delicious. Then onto see (really, drive by) a castle ruin, then to the beach. Bennett ran right into the water with just her suit on. The three teen girls wore full wet suits, Pat also dove right in with just a suit on. It was very brave of her. B also rolled down the dunes, and rolled around in the warm sand naked.

I spent most of the time under the umbrella talking to whoever came to visit me. I did take some walks, and it took some walking to get there in the first place. So Pat told me I was doing a good job today and my goal for my trip was to increase my stamina- I have done so.

Here is a picture of Bennett that really shows how we all feel:

1 comment:

  1. Bennett looks very relaxed, happy, and peaceful in this picture. Sounds like you are having the perfect vacation!

    ReplyDelete