Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Untitled

When I grad school we used to argue all the time and about whether something called Untitled was indeed untitled. I think it isn't. I think I used to have a lot of time and not much to worry about. I remember that time as one of the most fun of my life, and it was a bright time, full of adventure. Bob and I would walk for miles getting to know the city and never run out of conversation. It was wonderful. I miss it. I miss the time when I thought I would live forever, that the day would never end.

Oh well, it's okay to not live forever. My mother says that past 80 things start to go in ways that are not pleasant. I take her word as gospel, and would be grateful to live to 80. The idea is so luxurious, so incredible that I can't even really take it in. Which is probably for the good, since 80 for me is unlikely. That's okay, I'll take what I can get.

The trim is all in. I caulked and puttied, but failed about 1/4 of the way into painting. I just pooped out. Thank goodness for Pat, she jumped right in and took over and it looks great. I went to Home Depot to get a new sink, and I really like it. It was fun to pick out something so beautiful and know that it will be in our house. I also got some primer for the rotten pink room and plan on roping my brother into helping me paint while he visits in a couple of weeks.

That's about it today. I am glad I had this day, some things were great, some days I do things I am not particularly proud of, but I am still grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment