Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grumpy Gus

That's what my Dad used to call us when we were crabby, and I am definitely crabby. I am not sure why. I had a pretty big day, and all day I had this nagging feeling. I was lonely, I think, because I was with lots of people for a long time, then I was not. I thought this would be a relief, but mostly I like having people around me.

So I spent the day calling pretty much everyone I could think of who might be available during the day. I had some good talks, and got plenty done and now am very tired. I think the tiredness also contributes to my crabbiness.

Bennett turns four tomorrow. I know I posted the same thing yesterday. I was wrong. Her birthday is tomorrow. I made cupcakes and asked Miss Kim, B's teacher, if I could bring in thing for decorate your own cupcake and she thought that was a fine idea. I hope the kids like it and don't get too hopped up on sugar to nap. I am worried about Bennett. I think she is chronically overtired. Or in simpler, less alarming terms, I would like her to get more sleep. I can't think of how to get that to work as she is a very stubborn girl and will not go to sleep until she deems it time. Don't get me wrong, we have a regular bedtime with a established routine, but it seems to be slipping a bit with the summer light and weather. Anyway, that is a long way for me to say that I want her to go to bed earlier.

Okay, totally did not write about what I thought I was going to write about. I thought I would write about how the four years have flown by, that I hope that I get the next four. But really the idea of getting the next four seems like a total rip off, as I really want the next 40.

There doesn't seem to be much else to say. I am sure I will be less cranky after a good night's sleep and some time listening to Bennett talking to the ever-calm Pat over the monitor. Those are the sounds that sooth my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Crabbiness from tireness runs in the family. I hope that you all got a good night's sleep. Tell Miss B that a birthday present will arrive in a couple of days from Amazon and give her a big birthday smooch from me.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. B is one of those curious/information gathering kids who doesn't want to miss anything. Sleep just gets in the way. S was like that too and the stretch of about an hour before she finally crashed was known in our house as the "Witching Hour" - then it all started over again by 6am.

    ReplyDelete