Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Spiral

We are looking for a spiral staircase kit for the loft. I have always wanted one - since I can remember. Pat is bent on making one from scratch, I am rooting for the kit. I'll keep you posted.

I had a very nice time with chemo today. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood despite the rainy day, Pat and I watched the second Steig Larrsen (sp?) movie "The Girl Who Played with Fire." We still have about 30 minutes left to watch tonight. It is a very compelling movie.

Everything just went as expected. I got tired, I got bionic chemo eyes, Bennett got a little clingy, I craved a Cesar salad with blackened chicken. Pat was the best and went to Northampton to get me one. It was just what I wanted, that and ciabatta with butter. This maybe why I am now officially at the same weight I was when I diagnosed. I don't want to go any higher, so maybe not so much ciabatta next time.

I have lots of nice things to do tomorrow, not over-do it, but to get somethings done. Target for a bean bag chair, moving a small bookshelf and reorganizing B's books (and maybe putting some in the Tag Sale pile), yeah, like that.

I hope I will be able to sleep tonight. I can tell that I am a little hopped up on the steroids and I have a hard time sleeping the first two nights after chemo in the past. I will do the best I can and see what happens. That's all I can do to go up the spiral and keep things good.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the spiral image!

    We have seen all three of the Stieg Larsson "The Girl..." movies. I agree with you: very compelling, unique and powerful. I was surprised to find myself so deeply connected to both of the lead actors. I look forward to talking with you about them.

    My love to the Bennett girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the love to the Bennett Girls

    Tell Pat she should talk to Mark about the staircase. He put one in the church in Olivet that he and Sue transformed. I will mention it the next time I speak to him. He and Sue are a gold mine of info on those kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete