Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Medium on the Hopometer

Feeling better, doing more. It's better. I actually did some good stuff today, which I will talk about later. I just feel the hard hard pull of chemo land. I don't want to go there, I want to be in this moment, with my people, in with the love.

I made some grapefruit jam today as you can see below.


It took three hours of mostly waiting around and stirring. Pat and I (really Pat) worked on Bennett's room some more. It looks great. We actually moved the bed into it, so it's really a room. There are still some details, but it's an exciting moment. She is so big- she asked me if when she is four does she get another bigger bed. A huge bed, she wants. All of her pants are starting to get too short and her vocabulary now includes things like "delicate." She is with her Aunties right now. I am sure getting into lots of good mischief.

So, I will soldier on and avoid chemo land. I will be in the moment and work hard to do things that I love, like make jam and a good cozy room for B. And do what I can for Pat who is the hardest worker I know. She is most the rock-solid person I know. She amazes me everyday, as does Bennett, and all of you. That will keep me out of chemo land.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pride on your face - of the jam and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "delicate" ... why am I not surprised that your child has a great vocabulary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's great power and love in that smile, Miss Ruth...I know I've been elsewhere, but I'm sending my heart, my hands, and my aging, but somewhat able-body (rides, chores, etc.)...and lending all the support you need. My best friend fought colon cancer (Stage 3)at Dana Farber and succeeded. And you are much, much stronger---so dig deep, girl. We are in your corner for the duration. Deb and Molly

    ReplyDelete