Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, April 15, 2011

So Much Done

I am again going to open a post describing how tired I am. I am pooped. I should write a post in the morning, then you would hear about how great I feel but I wouldn't have much to report.

Anyway, I went to bed at the same time as Bennett last night, so no post. I had a good day, but was so exhausted I slept for almost 12 hours straight. The reason I am so tired today is that I had a great day. Lots of time at the park in the sun with Bennett and Sandy and Avy. Everyone was in a great mood because it was such a  gorgeous day. When we got to the park, Sandy and Avy were entering from the other side of the park. Bennett got off her bike and ran toward Avy. As soon as Avy saw Bennett, she started running to Bennett - it was like a movie. They were so happy to see each other. What a way to live, so open and loving that you can't do anything but run to your person.

Before the park, Pat and I went on a sorting the crap out of our house rampage. We even got Bennett to go through her stuffed animals. We are having a tag sale on April 30. Some of you know I was planning to have a tag sale last year, but the cancer got in the way. Somehow, though, I never stopped collecting stuff to sell. So now we have a LOT of stuff to sell. Our good friend Elizabeth is coming down from VT to sell some of her stuff and Aunt Ruth might be able to help. It should be a good day.

The only other big new is I am officially disabled. I got approved less than two months after applying. That is like a minor miracle - they told me it would take 6 months and that 90% of the cases get denied and have to go for an appeal. So this news can either be really great news - so fast, so much money, such great support from my attorney and the government. Or it can be experienced as - what the hell did Dr. B. put on the forms that made them move so fast? I am going to try really hard to choose case number 1- because Dr. B. did tell them anything I don't already know. For today, I am a healthy, energetic (between the hours of 8 and 4:30), happy person with cancer. All and all, that doesn't seem so bad.

Good night to you all. Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I love how much you're enjoying everything and everyone you've got. You're wearing yourself out on living every minute. I love it! And now you even get the best parking spaces in the parking lot of enjoying life! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete