Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, April 18, 2011

"I am always okay"

brilliant words I heard from the noble four-year old Avy. She took a hard tumble and when her mom asked if she was okay, she said so directly "I am always okay." A thing for me to remember every single moment. Oh, the wisdom of the new to this earth.

Tomorrow I have chemo. There's not much more to say about that. I am trying to fight the pavlovian effect of the smell of the Ambulatory Care Center where I get chemo. The last few times I went in, I started to feel queasy immediately. I don't want that to become something that I have to fight every time I go - since I am going to be going for a long time. The rest of my life.

I am always okay. Even in this very moment.

2 comments:

  1. You're like surfer chick riding the waves of this whole process. Tomorrow's a wave you know. You know how to ride it. You've got my prayers tomorrow. And lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, I hope all is going OK with chemo today. It was so fun hanging out with you and B at the playground yesterday. thanks for the pizza!

    Avy is right-- you ARE always OK and as your friend Jim says, you just need to ride this wave again, back to the safety of your shore with Pat and Bennett. You can do it!

    thinking of you today--- and always-- and looking forward to puppets on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete