Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Sight for Sore Eyes

So it's Wednesday. The day between the Tuesday I get most of the chemo and Thursday when I get to return a now empty pump and get my Neulasta shot. I feel pretty crappy. It's just to be expected. I went to acupuncture where I learned that my eyes are the outlet for my liver channel. My eyes hurt all of the time, they are nearly always irritated and when I get chemo they are really sore. I think it's fascinating that my eyes and my liver are connected and now I have an explanation for why they hurt - because my liver is being bombarded by tumor killing drugs. For that I will endure sore eyes.

I didn't really do much today. I took B to school, had an appointment with our lawyers, acupuncture, then a long afternoon knitting on the couch. I just needed to do something, but not move too much. I know I will be much better, and that is also to be expected. Tomorrow a new day. A drive to Worcester and freedom for a 12 days. The last 12 days went by so quickly. I didn't know that trying to savor each day would make them go by so quickly.

My niece Rachel and her beautiful son Eliott. Now that is a site for sore eyes.


You all have a good night. I am going to take my sore eyes and go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your grand-nephew! What did your doctor say about that pain you had?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I didn't know that trying to savor each day would make them go by so quickly." --like icecream, sunsets, and babies.

    (Sweet picture of Elliot and Rachel.)

    ReplyDelete