Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Saturday

Well, I have to say it's been a mixed day. I had a good morning hanging with the family. Bennett spent most of the morning playing with her stuff by herself. A real sign that she needs more time at home. She is a real go go girl. Not a go-go girl, but a girl who likes to be doing a lot of things.

Today Aunt Ruth took her to the toy store and ice cream. Two Aunt Ruth days in a row. How lucky can a girl get? She also hooked up with BFF Avy and Sandy. Judging by the size of the tantrum she is having now, I think she had a very good time. I. of course, had a three hour nap. And it was a very deep nap and I was super grumpy when I woke up. I think there was part of me that just didn't want to wake up for a very long time. But I did, and I am glad I did. Pat made a super dinner and Ruth stayed which was nice.

Now it's just wind down time. I am not sure what I am winding down from, but winding down none-the-less. tomorrow i hope to be more active. Maybe even leave the house. I know I am going to make carrot bread as we have an astonishing number of carrots from the farm. That's about it. I have to check on Bennett and make sure she is okay. And maybe say sorry for not being that nice to her while she was having a tantrum. Oy, the parental guilt. Does it ever get easier?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're on the verge of a much better day if you're even considering making carrot bread.

    Parental guilt never goes away, your children make sure you never forget.

    M

    ReplyDelete