Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Life in the Slow Lane

It's amazing how quick we forgot about not having power. This morning after I dropped B off at school, I dropped a few hundred dollars at Trader Joe's to refill the freezer. There were two others in line doing the same thing. B also had the idea to bring these little ice cream cones from TJ's for her whole class, so we had to get some of those. So now the freezer is refilled, we are stocked with fresh food and heat and lights. It's all good.

Today I also got four out of five doors fixed. They are all wonky in their own way, but hey they close and open freely now. I picked up B from school and carried her all the way from her classroom to the car. It was what I used to do all the time, but haven't had the energy or maybe nerve to do it for awhile. So I did it and it was fine. While B and P went to swim, I made banana bread and a hug batch of jam with the berries that defrosted in the freezer. I just put the jam in quart jars, with the faith that B and I would eat it fast enough.

Then I just sort of hung out with B and P, and now I am here in the living room thinking that I am living a good life. It's been a very hard month or so, but it's now in the past. And I have a good future. Ah, what a concept.

Tomorrow I will fix door number 5, and do some knitting. Who knows what else. I won't know until tomorrow. By the way, the banana bread is luscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment