Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Day of Days

A good one at that. Woke up early with B and the first thing we did was make spiced brown sugar carrot bread. She is an excellent sous chef - peeling the carrots, stirring, breaking eggs. It was really fun. And then it was 10:30 and I realized we hadn't eaten any breakfast. We got up at 7:30. So I had too many slices of carrot bread and B had cream of wheat. Then I had a short nap.

The plan was that we were all going to get dressed and head out to Snow Farm for the last day of the Artist's Sale and then drop B off at Aunt Liz and Julie's. Bennett was not having it. She told me she did not want to leave the house. And all this after I actually put on pants. So Aunties came here and took B to the park (so much for not leaving the house) and it was great to talk to them. It had been way too long.

After Aunties L&J left, I asked B if she wanted to make a delivery to Aunt Ruth's house. We brought her a loaf of carrot bread. It was fun to just drop by and hang out even for just a little while. And B got some good Aunt Ruth time. This morning one of the first things she asked me was what time she was seeing Aunt Ruth today. They have an amazingly special relationship. We should all be so lucky to have so many great aunties close by. Not to mention the fabulous aunts who are far away. B is awash with loving relatives.

So the last thing I will tell you - I was reading B a pop up book and I told her not to yank on the train too hard. She told me not to yell at her. And I said I wasn't yelling, and did she remember what yelling sounds like. She said no, so I demonstrated. Then she said to me "I always want you to speak to me beautiful."

That's my girl. And she deserves to be spoken to beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment