Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, November 18, 2011

Great Barrington and Beyond

So I haven't really been posting at all. Mary has been hear all week and I feel good. Today Mary and I took a road trip to Great Barrington to see what was there. We visited a couple of antique shops and had lunch. One of the shops was full of Asian antiques that were fascinating. It was like going to a museum, without the mean guards. I really wanted the 8 foot tall head of Buddah.

We have been eating very well. Pat and Mary arranged it this week so I could sleep in a lot. It was very luxurious. We Skyped my mom and that was fun. Bennett thought it was a blast to see Maily Gramma and took over the conversation. What else did we do this week? This and that and it was good.

BFF Avy spent the day at Bennett's school today. I know Bennett had fun because I took her home in tears, crying for Avy (who had to stay a little later). I wish they could always go to school together.

I got to talk to Jessica for a long time about her good little babes, Stella and Mathilda. We are hooping Mathilda will be coming home from the hospital soon. Saying some fierce prayers for that.

I have chemo on Monday this week. Which means I have to return my pump on Wednesday. Which means my worst feeling day will be Thanksgiving. So much for feasting. I have to make sure this doesn't happen on Christmas week. Don't mess with my Christmas. Oh, and I have a scan on Wednesday morning. I am so curious about what is going on- how well the drugs are working and what is happening  overall.  Please say a little prayer for me, or send good thoughts, whatever you can spare during this season of thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ruth-

    I heard about the tears-- sorry! Avy really enjoyed Prelude. I wish I could send her there every day. The mayor-elect was 40 minutes(!) late for our interview and everything got delayed, so I was later than I thought I'd be to pick up Avy. It was a very interesting day, though. And I'll tell you what: I think we are all very lucky to have this young fellow as our new mayor.

    Maybe we could get together this weekend sometime? Would be nice to catch up with you before your chemo next week. I am glad you had such an enjoyable time with your sister.

    Good night!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete