Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, November 20, 2011

See You Soon, Mary

Yep, Mary is gone. She had to go back to her own family. Dang it all. It was a great visit and I did more in that week than I have in a long time. It was good to see that I won't fall to pieces if I go for a day trip somewhere.

Yesterday we all went to Wellesley to visit Libby before dropping M at Logan. Wellesley is the most gorgeous campus I have ever seen. Even her dorm building is something out of a fairy tale. When Bennett saw it she said "oh my moses!" There are plenty of towers to imagine Rapunzel in and, of course, we have always known that Libby is a princess. So happy she is there and having access to so many resources. Totally awesome.

It was really hard to drop M at the airport. I blubbered a lot on the way home. We are all going to St Lucia in February, so we have the next time we are seeing each other all set. And my sister Joanne with be there too. Bennett is already excited. She seems more excited about going to the beach than Christmas.

I have a scan on Wednesday and Ruth is coming with me. She will not break the streak of going to all of the scans I've had. She is a good great friend and I am so happy she will be with me. I am not nervous about the actual scan, since I know how it goes. I am not even worried about the results since the tumor in my belly has shrunk so much. So now I am just curious about what is happening.

I have chemo tomorrow. Blah and double-blah. What else can I say? I think I have said it all. It sucks. I hate it. It's saving my life. I am grateful. It's a panoply of emotions. I will really do anything to have another day with Pat and Bennett.

3 comments:

  1. It was an awesome trip! Loved the swimming and snuggles with B. I'm also looking forward to St Lucia. And the cheese factory in Petaluma.

    Love you lots.

    M Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, wait, what cheese factory in Petaluma? Glad you got to see Libby again. She loved seeing all of you and it was so great of you to stop on your way to the airport. Thinking of you, as always. love, J

    ReplyDelete