Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Baseball Bats and Eye Fatigue

I started out the morning feeling horrible. All I can say is it felt like someone had hit me in the upper back with a baseball bat and that I couldn't get my heart to stop racing. That on top of the super sore eyes, really made today a hard one. At one point I started crying and it hurt my eyes too much so I had to stop. It's really not fair to feel so terrible and not be able to cry.

So, I missed Thanksgiving. Well, I was here, and I've had some pie, but Pat and B went to Ruth and Theo's for a quiet celebration. I was supposed to go, but I could not. As a matter of fact, I just got out of bed for the first time today and it's 6:30pm. i thought I would have some granola, but I had pie instead. I am not as nauseous as I was, which is lucky. I am determined that I will feel better tomorrow.

I think this was a double whammy - the CT scan drugs on top of the chemo drugs. It certainly has not helped my intestines in any way. Really yick, super yick.

So that's my day. Nancy said that I had no way of knowing whether this day was going to be my worst, but working with the history of what is usually my worst day - it is the day after I return the pump. And that is today.Or should I say, that was today. Tomorrow here I come.

2 comments:

  1. Ruth, I am sorry to hear that today was so terrible. Just wanted to say on this Thanksgiving day that I am grateful to have you as a friend. I hope tomorrow is better.

    Love-Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you wake up feeling loads better today.

    Love you lots.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete