Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not Yet

So the razor is not here, and the comb was kinder to me than I thought it would be. We will wait for the weekend to do the deed. Until then, I will model some hats that have come my way. This one from Linda at Plumdinger Studios in Pittsfield. I love it and it's lined with fleece!


This one from the lovely Deanna, who is an awesome knitter and spinner. Check out the incredible cable pattern on this one. The yarn is super soft and it's a great color.


Here is a scarf from Libby. It's got lots of great things about it - not only is it from my wonderful niece, but it's orange, and it has the words "confidence, wisdom, grace" printed all over it. What more could you ask for?


Last for tonight's posting is a hat from my friend, Elizabeth, who lives in Vermont. I think the fashion sense in VT wilder than Mass. At least Western Mass. 


There are others, including a great winter hat from my sister Joanne's doctor. She said it's the only hat that kept her head warm when she was bald. I am knitting a purple hat and I am sure has the winter progresses, I will acquire more head gear.

My day has been a good one. A nice session of reflexology. It is so good for my soul. My belly is a little sore today, but seeing as I've been pain-free for 10 days, I can deal with a little bit of soreness. This is nothing like the other belly pain. I don't even want to use that word, since I am not in pain, just a little ow-y, as Bennett says. I am grateful for the gift of today. The light is really coming my way.


3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures!!! Who knew that you would be able to add hat model to your list of careers! love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hats, but that last one, now THAT'S a hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hats! but mostly I love your face shining out from underneath them. I agree with Sandy, and think you should find a way to wear Elizabeth's woman-spiral-queen-bordello-mistress-of-the-winged-universe hat as often as possible. Your hair is tenacious and strong, right? I'm glad that today (Friday) you don't even feel the owwiness of last night. xo

    ReplyDelete