Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Going, Going, Not Gone

Just a super quick post tonight. I am pooped after a full day of feeling pretty good. Pat stayed home this morning and we did a lot of cleaning. This time with me pitching in much more than last time. I organized the recycling, which is a mound the pile of a small car. We keep missing recycling day and we are pretty good recyclers. P&B also got flu shots, B and half dose. The second half in 30 days.

More to the point, the hair is coming out fast and furious. I asked Pat to get me an electric razor on the way home from work tomorrow. It is falling  out so fast I have been afraid to comb my hair since two days ago. Tomorrow I will wield the comb and come what may. If I have a razor, then I can just be done with it. It's been a pretty tough day coming to the conclusion that the time for baldness is now. Why is everything such a process? Why do I have to grieve every change? My friend Jim says none of this is normal, so why do I expect to have normal feelings? I am quoting what I heard, probably not what he actually said. Sorry, Jim.

So, tomorrow reflexology and possible head shaving. What does your day look like?

3 comments:

  1. I'm grieving your hair loss too. How "normal" is that? I don't think I ever imagined saying those words to you, but here we are, and that's what I'm feeling.

    I keep thinking about the painting we did almost 20 years ago and how much you do and don't look like that painting these days. And how much I love you, which is normal.

    Be brave and humorous with the razor! That will be normal for you, in the face of what's not normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to let Bennett help you? I'm not sure that I'd let her pick out which hats you're going to wear. Her pink & flowery signature look might not work so well....

    Enjoy your reflexology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Sometimes I think we are here to learn how to let go. In a way our hair is so much a part of us. It might be good to let that go because; hair really does not make us who we are. Would it be fun to shave each other's hair? We could put it in glass tubes and seal it up.

    ReplyDelete