Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, October 16, 2010

All is Well

Pat is gone for the weekend - or at least she was gone today and I haven't heard when she is planning to come home. There was some talk that she might come home in the wee hours of the night tonight. Of course, that would be my choice, but all and all B&I had a great day.

It started at 6am when Pat left. Bennett did not want to go back to sleep, but was content to play while I lolled around in bed until 8. What a great kid. We painted, we played, we took Zeus for a short walk (we were chilly and had to turn around). Midway through the morning B told me her hair was hurting her eyes, so I asked if she wanted a haircut. She said yes. I told her I would just do her bangs and when I was done with her bangs, she told me to cut the back. Now she looks like Amalie again (from the French movies, that I am sure I spelled wrong). Aunt Julie arrived at 1:30 to save the day and take B to the Eric Carle Museum. I got a nap and did some laundry. It was a good time.

A little tea and Dora and it was time for dinner and bed. B is sound asleep, I feel good. I feel like I accomplished something really big- I took care of B all day and have been diligently keeping my thoughts here, now. Bennett took a tumble today and hurt her lip, I was on the phone with Ruth and yelled into the phone, "I will call you back" and hung up. Five minutes later, Aunt Ruth to the rescue. So I had a lot of help and a lot of love today to get me through, but it hardly felt like something to get through. It just felt like life. My life. What a wonderful way to feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment