Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

And it was. We all woke up this morning and were having a good cuddle when Bennett realized it was actually Christmas morning. It took a full two seconds for her to run out of the bedroom and start at the presents. She was done pretty quickly and we had fun playing with her stuff all day. She cried really hard when her tribe of Aunties left. She loves her new scooter and rode it back and forth through the house all day. We also watched Willie Wonka and tried to get her to use the potty. It was a BIG day.



I am trying my absolute best to try to stay present and really be in this big day. Nancy, my acupuncturist, says that I cannot fully engage in my life if I am constantly steeling myself against my sadness and anxiety. So I remind myself that I am alive today, that I have to give the future (even the next minute) to God so I can be held through all of this.

We are getting a storm tomorrow. I just looked at weather.gov and it says 9-13 inches possible. Well, that makes up for the lack of snow so far. Snow Monday too. That makes me a little nervous for travelling to Worcester for the pre-op visit, but the MassPike should be okay. And here I am worrying about the future, when I said I was trying not to. Let it go, already, will you?

4 comments:

  1. We were sorry to hear Bennett crying when we left--if was great hanging out this AM. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love the photo of you three. I wish I could be with you during the holidays and also would find a way to come if you need me at any time.... Just say the word.

    Also loved the photo with the special story reading hat, so glad it made you smile on a sad day. Love and hugs to all, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the Christmas photo of the three of you. And I'm enjoying catching up on the posts we missed while we were away. I'm happy your Christmas was a good one! You three deserve real joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is brimming with love and joy. Let it envelop and calm you and remember the vast reservoir of love all of us friends are sending your way. bobbin

    ReplyDelete