Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Not Much To Say

That's the truth. It took forever for Bennett to fall asleep. I am feeling a little antsy, and my mind is a little blank. The good news is I feel pretty good and if this continues I might feel normal by the time the surgery happens. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Friday, December 17 with a feeling the surgery will not be until the first week in January. I guess that will have to do. I guess they don't do much surgery between Christmas and New Year's. Even surgeons need a holiday break, I guess.

I was diagnosed in the summer. So many things were closed, doctors on vacation etc, that it was frustrating and scary. So it seems fitting that my surgery would fall at a time - almost 6 months later - when things are closed and doctors are on vacation.  It seems my fate to wait until everyone is rested and relaxed. That is me trying to look at the silver lining.

Other than that, all is okay. I will keep dreaming of getting through the surgery to the other side where there will be a BLT waiting for me. Not BLT soup, which I would be more than happy to try, but a real BLT. Have one for me, will you?

3 comments:

  1. "The good news is I feel pretty good..."

    That in itself sounds so good. It feels good to hear you say it.

    Looking forward to hearing December 17 report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a well rested medical team! Actually sounds real good. You should have a BLT Festival at your home when you are healed. All your artists friends can build bacon art and fill your front yard with it. Pat can weld tomatoes and toast. All the crazy art will keep the beast away forever! On the menue BLTs and bacon martinis of course...Sounds like a childrens book. So nice to hear you are feeling good. love and light, Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed in the summer, too, and at one point during the waiting, waiting, waiting, I heard myself say, "Well, now I know why they call us patients!" I love it when I make myself laugh with a good play on words. Hope it makes you smile.

    Peace,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete