Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, December 6, 2010

I Want a Sandwich

A nice crusty panini with bacon, a fat slice of tomato and some mayo. I can have some mayo, and I had some bacon in the last of the really good sweet potato soup Sandy brought over. I also want a bowl full of spicy shrimp, pad thai, pho, or just a humble burrito. Soon, I hope. I hope with this surgery that I will be able to eat, just eat. I know it depends on how much of my colon they take - that can mean serious digestive issues. This is not the time to worry, just to dream. Right now I am dreaming of a steaming bowl of red curry coconut with sticky rice and a nice spring roll on the side.

5 comments:

  1. Ruth- that sandwich sounds great and I hope you get to eat it soon. In the meantime, I saw a recipe for, yes--- BLT soup---online. It has all the requisite ingredients, including shredded lettuce and mayo! Egads! If you think you can (and want) to eat it, I will try to make it for you. If you are feeling up to it, we could meet at the library or something this week. let me know. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to eating many good things with you once again in the near future, Ruth! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's Willy Wonka when you need him? Though I don't think that you'd be able to buy a three course gum that included blt and pad thai followed by a burrito off the shelf. You might have to get that custom made.

    Looking forward to coming over and filling your freezer with yummy things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird - that last post was from me. Someone's been using my laptop! I wonder who it was?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, looking forward to your posts about what you are eating...I may learn a few recipes from you in the future. Karen B

    ReplyDelete