Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 30

Well, I started the day about 5am when B woke up and could not be convinced to go back to sleep. It was like torture, but the ever gallant Pat got up with her about 7 and I got to sleep a little bit. After that I went to acupuncture which is about the best thing in the world. I think I got the deluxe treatment because there were needles in my chest, belly, feet, ears and head. I could really feel the chi in my head and feet. To me chi feels like a little electrical shock that goes down my body- sometimes just one side. It's very cool when it happens.

I got a bunch of things done like getting my glasses adjusted and going to the bank, doing the laundry and making up the beds with our new heated mattress pads. I hung out in the new bedroom with B today, so she would be more used to it for when I am recovering there. We played games and puzzles on the floor. It was lovely.

Oh, I also picked up my meds for pre-surgery. The laxative came in a gallon container, I kid you not. The afternoon and evening of Jan 2 are going to interesting.

Then three o'clock came around and Aunt Ruth came over, Bennett fell asleep, our friend Beryl brought over some great take to the hospital gifts (a warm fuzzy blanket and a puzzle book), and Dale and her partner delivered a treadmill for during my recovery. It is just the right basic machine that I need. I spent the rest of the day doing crossword puzzles and playing word games on the Ipad. I think I just needed to escape for awhile.

I feel pretty calm and am grateful. I am more and more choosing this surgery boldly. I am even glad it's happening.  Can you believe it? I hardly can. But I am not going to question it, I am just going to go with the flow and keep it up. You all are helping, I can feel your radiance.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ruth,

    It's very cool that acupuncture and your other alternative therapies -- and your alternative therapists -- are helping to guide your mind and body energy to flow well and openly. This knowledge and guidance will stay with you in the hospital. There, you will be surrounded by extraordinary, almost magical, skill from the surgeon and hospital staff; and by constant big-loving attention from Pat and Mary (and me!), and all of your other friends and people.

    Yes, you choose this surgery, boldly!

    Looking forward to later today.
    Lots of love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete