Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pre-op Tests Tomorrow

Pat and I will be getting up very early to get ready, bundling Bennett out of bed and delivering her to Sandy and Avy at the crack of dawn. We need to be in Worcester at 8 for tests. I am nervous and curious. I am sure I am going to pass the tests, but curious about what they will have me do the night before. I know I have to do what they so innocuously call "bowel prep." That's a nice way of saying that I will have to take the most enormous amount of laxative and spend the evening and night pooping my brains out. This will take place at Hope Lodge, where I will be spending the night before surgery. Lucky them.

I had a good day today. Lots of energy, probably from Reiki. Reiki is wonderful. I love it. I love all those therapies where I am attended to and made to relax in a profound way. I have acupuncture on Thursday, then I am on my own until I get back from the hospital. I think they will have other ways to get me to relax in a profound way at the hospital. I decided to cancel my talk therapy this week. I was supposed to go on Friday. I leave there so anxious that I decided it would just be better to do without. I couldn't figure out what my outlet for that anxiety would be. The last two sessions happened before acupuncture, so Nancy helped me deal with my anxiety. This time, there is just me and that is not enough these days.

So I went to Reiki, came home and hung out with Bennett. Bennett's BFF Avy came over to play for a little while and I got to visit with Sandy. It was nice. It felt pretty normal. It would have felt even more normal if we didn't spend half the time talking about cancer and surgery.

I am going to end here. I still feel the fighting spirit and hope you all will send me your fighting prayers. Is there such a thing? There is now.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, fighting prayers are what warrior angels are for! Best of luck on all your tests! I'm sure you will ace them all!!

    ReplyDelete