Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fairy Dora


Here is a good picture of fairy Dora. The crown is from Aunt Janna, the tutu from Aunt Joanne, the backpack from Momo, the Dora shirt from the $1 bin at the Goodwill. All in all the costume was a group effort. 

This is Bennett and Aunt Ruth talking through the holes in the pumpkin B helped carve. It's a kitty, and she carved the fur with a special tool that Aunt Theo had. Notice the winter coat and winter pants.


Chemo was fine today. Nothing new, lots of drugs that made me sleepy. I listened to a new visualization tape that was really interesting and made me sleepier and I possibly slept through a bit of it. Liz did her artwork and I don't know what, because I was asleep, but it was comforting to have her there.

I have to drop off the pump on Thursday and go to reflexology tomorrow. But right now I need to get to bed. One eye is drooping and that is never a good sign. More tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Happy to hear Chemo happened!

    LOVE the photos. B is a beautiful, lively little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Ruth, The story of Bennett yelling "time to get candy" reminds me of Kyle's first Hlloween trick or treating. He was just 18 months old. He picked out a dress at Salvation Army. For some reason he has always put on dresses and high heels, we have a collection of photos of him ?? He is my crazy child. Somehow, and I'm not sure why,(Kyle has always been a sugar addict), he missed the instructions that after he said trick or treat folks would hand him candy. Instead as the first door opened Kyle ran inside, spouting off greetings and asking whos house are we at. Kyle thought we were visiting friends. I had to drag my older son through this total strangers p house to catch up with kyle, who was not happy to be leaving so soon. Outside I explained to him the whole trick or treat...candy thing. He was happy then, and I was confident that he knew the drill. On to the next house, ring ring..Kyle runs inside, Geoffrey cries, people laugh, we move on. I decide to let Geoff continue trick or treating while Kyle held my hand stretside crying that he just wanted to visit.
    Hope this story brings a smile. Always thinking of you with thoughts of srength and WBC's
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Ruth! Yeah for WBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairy Dora is so cute!!! Hang in there with the chemo.
    -Beryl

    ReplyDelete