Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, May 5, 2011

What is it with Cancer Anyway?

It's so hard. It's so depressing. It makes me tired and bald and tired again. Looking into the mirror is the most depressing of all. I had no idea how much my self-esteem was caught up in my hair. At least in the winter I could just toss on a hat, but when I got my hair back I thought I would get to keep it. This is most likely the weekend, if we can find time, to shave the noggin. No more fuzzy noggin, just a noggin noggin.

I am wicked tired and can hardly find anything cheerful to write about. I should remember that I had a delightful conversation with my mom today, got to talk to Ruth a couple of times, and I returned my pump which always makes me feel free. But I have a nagging bad attitude tonight, so perhaps I should sign off.

Here's to a better day tomorrow and a change in attitude. Really, what is my problem anyway?

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there - just a couple more weeks until you get to come and play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mary! I'm even excited for Ruth's visit with you! Happy it's coming up soon.

    Ruth, you've got my love, prayers and support. I can barely imagine how tough the chemo emotional rollercoaster must be for you. But we're all watching it here. And we're here for you.

    I'm hitting my "paying attention" button and keeping it on for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when my cancer kept coming back every 3 months how hard it was to get tested and have that $&!$@#%!! tumor be there. I think it is only human to hope that when you get tested it'll be gone and to feel depressed that it's not. I hope you don't get own on yourself because that happened.

    ReplyDelete