Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wicked Hot

An early post today. And no post last night at all. I was out with Carly and Anna and we didn't get home until 10. Aunt Ruth babysat, Bennett refused to fall asleep until about 30 seconds after we came home. We had excellent Thai food and lots of good stories about their adventures at Snow Farm.

It is very hot today, and not anything like it's going to be tomorrow - about 100 degrees F. The F is for my friends where they use C. Don't want to freak them out. I did a bunch of errands and will soon be going to the club for a swim and cold dinner, which will include more of that cole slaw that I mentioned in an earlier post.

I don't have much to report. I am tired, I have a little pain, I feel a little chemo-ized today. But the truth is, I can't tell if it is normal tiredness or chemoization. Pat is tired too, but she's been doing more work than I have. Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it doesn't matter, and I can just be tired and that can be okay. That seems reasonable.

I have to get on that cole slaw. If I have more to report, I will update later. I foresee another tired night ahead after a few hours of swimming with B. I think I will wear my new magenta swim shorts to keep my energy up. They were $5 and I think Bennett will like them.

Oh, a quick story about Bennett. After her perfect cooperation with the dentist yesterday we went to the toy store. She pointed to a doll sized nigh chair. I told her it was too expensive. She said, mom-o why don't you buy me what I want instead of what I don't want. She got the chair. Then we went across the street for Slurpees. It was a prefect Summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment