Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Over DId It

Yep, I over did it. I am beat to nothing except a little energy to post. I won't go into the litany of what I did today. Suffice it to say that I worked on the house, shopped at Home Depot, had a shower and a lie-down. Pat and I picked up B from school and went straight to the club. That is not entirely true, we stopped at the local "fine foods" (and I use that term only because it is on their sign) store and got Klondike Bars. Now that is fine food. We swam and ate and chatted ourselves into the evening, and now we are all pooped. I think Pat and Bennett are already asleep. I took Zeus for a short walk after dinner and left the two of them to work out the bedtime thing.

What a good day. I am trying to change my sleep habits because I figures out, with Nancy's help, that my sleep schedule was off. I kept thinking I wasn't getting enough sleep because I couldn't fall asleep until about midnight, then I would sleep in until 9 or so. If you do the math (which I hadn't) that's 9 hours of sleep. What was frustrating me was the lying in bed waiting to fall asleep for two hours. So, it seems that the reason I have been having so much trouble falling asleep is that I have been sleeping too much. Imagine that. So now I have to wake up earlier so I can go to sleep at the time I go to bed. That's a long way of saying, I am pooped, I think I will go to bed and read a little, thank God for the day and hopefully fall asleep as soon as the lights as out. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the sleep situation works itself out. Glad you have having full, busy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great - very healthy. I loved the picture of B in her blue dress and in her gown. What a kid.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete