Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, July 16, 2011

No Alanis Morrisette Tonight

My sister Mary said that my last blog post was like a Sarah MacLauglin album, I think she meant Alanis Morrisette. For those of you too young or too old to know what I am talking about, AM writes this really angsty songs that may or may not be designed to help you when you want to slit your wrists. I don't want to. I didn't last night when I was posting, I just felt a general bleakness. I now firmly believe that the death thoughts are a side effect of the drugs. I am going to ask Dr B. I am sure he will say no, but he will be wrong. Just like he is wrong about my bionic chemo eyes.

I had a much better day today. I had a good sleep, Pat let me sleep in, I hung with B most of the day. She is a little under the weather - she woke up with a sore throat. Not good. Pat just got over some nasty throat thing that took her a week to tame. So we've been washing hands like crazy and praying that I don't get this virus. So tonight we were trying to get B to take her grape flavored tylenol and she just would not do it. There was no bribe she was interested and no threat that worked. So I told her she could have a medicine that goes in her butt. That girl had her overnight diaper off in about six seconds. She thought I was joking. I pulled out the tylenol suppositories and showed them to her. She just lifted her butt and said okay mom-o. I could believe. I thought she was bluffing, I sort of was. So in it went. About 10 minutes later she said that she preferred the butt medicine to the mouth medicine- though she was a little squirmy.

That was my day, I hung out, I had a shower, I put medicine in my kid's butt. On that note, good night everyone. In case you are wondering, I prefer the mouth medicine. Really I prefer no medicine at all. Wishful thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment