Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, July 4, 2011

whooped

Happy 4th everyone, I keep forgetting it's a holiday. We had a nice day. I have to say that I have been plagued with thoughts of dying. It could be because I am reading a book called the Hunger Games and there is a lot of death in it. And Bennett is in a phase where she likes to talk about death and what it means to die. Tonight I was able to get out of her that she thinks that everyone dies after a sword fight. She also told me that when I am an old lady, I have to fight very hard with my sword not to die. I told her I would try. What a luxury to think that I will be an old lady.

Perhaps she is watching too many Disney movies?

In between all the thoughts and conversations about death, we went to the Canoe Club to swim, came home and had a quiet afternoon. Pat got some work done on the house, I tried to tidy up. We have a master list of chores, I am bent on crossing off all the chores for the new bathroom tomorrow. I have to finish some trim, paint that trim and maybe five other things. I can't install the medicine chest because we have to fish out the wire for the lights - the drywall guy just drywalled over them so they are stuck in the wall. That means a call to the electrician, so I will not be able to do everything, but I can get close. It will feel really good. Yesterday I installed a storage cabinet and some towel racks - and put towels on them. It was great.

It's really the small things that make me feel great - as you can tell. I always thought that if I was given a big diagnosis, I would end up being one of those people who needed to see the world, but really all I want to do is curl up with my family, read good books, eat fine food made with love, and see my people. It really is the small things that add up to a joyful life.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your bathroom - photos please. Ioan wants me to send a photo of him to Miss B but I can't figure out how to get it off my phone. Give me a couple of days.

    Aged four, you can't watch too many Disney movies. However, when you're a teenager, you can read too many romantic novels. Then you're screwed.

    Just to let you know that when we think about you, we think about life, not death.

    M

    ReplyDelete