Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I've Been Sprung


This is what happened when I came home - Bennett crawled in my lap, we watched about 10 minutes of Dora and then she cried and cried. Just a sad little puss, she was. Then she fell right to sleep. Here she is asleep on the chair after I put her down. Lovely bunny of mine.       


I am out and I feel good. I came home yesterday and immediately started feeling like crap again. It was a hard evening, thinking of being in the hospital where I felt fine for the prior two days, then to come home to take such a terrible plunge. Poor Pat thought I might be allergic to the house. But it was just the bad hospital food haunting me. I am sworn off solid foods for awhile to make sure to give my poor GI tract a rest.

Officially, according to my discharge papers, they couldn't find a reason for the fever. They think I got a bug from somewhere. Some germy kid, I am sure. Now we have to make sure to change Bennett's clothes directly after school. Pat has to change her clothes after work, and we all have to bathe every day. Bennett is not going to like that!

Mary and I have been cleaning the house this morning. Wiping every surface with bleach. Ruth and Theo took all the house plants. Zeus has been vacationing in Conway for the week. It's a little strange around here without plants and dog. The plants can come back after I am done with chemo and Z will be back Friday.

It is so good to be home. I am going to do everything I can to make sure to stay out of the hospital, though I have to say UMASS was really good to me. At one point I actually forgot I was in the hospital and thought I was in a hotel. It might have been after-fever delusions.

Mary and I are going to go shopping and after that a nap before we get Bennett from school. I am already anticipating missing Mary. She is so good to have around. The perfect helper at every turn - and she doesn't mind that she put almost 1000 miles on her rental car.

I have chemo next Wednesday and I am hoping this time it goes off without a hitch. Everyone cross your fingers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're home! Fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home. Z was the perfect house guest. A real gentleman. All our fingers and toes are crossed.
    Karen T

    ReplyDelete