Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chemo Today

Yep, I got it. I am glad to have gotten chemo today and I have my happy little pump with me right now making all its good whooshing sounds. Ruth came with me and was excellent company, even though I was half-way knocked out by the drugs.

I am completely beat. I need soup and sleep and that's all. I will say my doctor was again awesome in his patience in answering all of my questions. I got a flu shot and everyone in my germ family - this means you, will also have to get a flu shot. Sorry about that. It's better to get one early to build immunity - that's what my chemo nurse, Sue, said. 

I will post more tomorrow. Time to snooze. Thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments and emails. It's good for me to get them, they make my heart sing.

4 comments:

  1. Hurray for chemo and flu shots! I am so happy to hear the WBCs were packed and ready for their assignment this morning! Knowing that you got the pump feels like you and Pat have another trusted visitor after Mary's departure (though not as good at Scrabble). Here's to you, the WBCs and the chemo settling into a good healthy simmer for the night. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that chemo happened today! I had my flu shot last week, so will have all sorts of immunity built up for my next visit. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I logged onto my hospital computer yesterday and this warning message popped up "Wash your hands -hand santizer does NOT kill C diff!" Thought you ought to know. :-/

    So glad to hear to you were fit for chemo and that the pump is busy pumping horrible goodness throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for Chemo. Yeah for WBCs. Great news.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete