Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hospital, That's Where I Am

Just a quick blog post because I am in uMASS Memorial Hospital and only have my trusty iPad. I love this thing, but posting is a pian. The long endless details will come later when I get home. When? Don't know, but I will be going home.

Pat discovered that I had a tempature and while I was napping, decided with Mary and the on call docs that I should come to the ER. Sneaky and smart and I couldn't argue. They were all right and I am here on what is now my third day. I have two things going on that I know of -neutrepenia (sp?) and infection. Bad combination. It means one certain type of white blood cell is very low. In my case, as of yesterday, 700 out of 1000. 1000 is minimum.

I feel tons better, lots of iv anti biotics and my own room because I have to be isolated make for a Better time at the hospital than last time.

I will clean up all spelling errors from home and put in lost more details, I promise.

5 comments:

  1. Ruth, I'm bummed to hear you are in the hospital, but glad that Mary and Pat made that smart decision and got you to the place where you need to be right now. Hopefully everything will clear up quickly and you will be back home very soon. Big, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary and Pat get big kudos for wisdom and care! Ruth, you're in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear that you had to go to the hospital at all, but happy to hear you're getting the care you need. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are on lock-down... but this is short term and will be home in no time. I am just happy that you are not in pain with gas bubbles... I have a silly question... can you drink ginger ale? If so, have u tried that? That helps me with gas issues....
    Missed you at our first Music Together.... not the same without you and Bennett (miss Bennett screaming "WAKE UP!!!"
    Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog, Ruth, in awe of your honesty and outlook and strength. I am so glad that you are so well cared for. I hope you are able to be back home soon.
    P.S. I send healing thoughts every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, Just heard this morning through the SF grapevine you are in the hospital. It sounds like you are in great hands between the sneaky ones at home and the folks in Worcester. I know you aren't feeling too interested in food right now but a relative of the Clary's just gave me a copy of a published old Clary/Snow family cookbook. Thought you might like to see it when you are feeling a bit better.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete