Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Laptop is Dead

The laptop. It's dead. It's official. Going to have to get a new one. Not a great time for a biggish expense, but it's really such a big part of our lives to have a laptop. So, we do another thing that we have to do that we don't really want to do.

Thanks to those of you who are pissed at my ex-doc. I need the solidarity. In my heart I know the anger doesn't really help. And there isn't anyone to blame. You have to know that if there was someone to blame, I would have found that person. It's just bad flippin' luck. But that's changing. I am four days out from my first dose of bad ass chemo and feel pretty darn good. I don't want to jinx anything, but I spent the majority of the day out and about with Bennett.

Walked the dog, went shopping with Bennett, took B candle-pin bowling (I watched), then to the library. The bowling and library were made all the better because Sandy and Avy were there. I will admit to sitting more than I normally would, and that I do have a smidgen of pain. My theory is the tumors are pissed and are protesting the assault. Fine with me, as long as they die a short death.

Not much else to report. A fine day to live today. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Now go get a colonoscopy, would you? I need to know you are all healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Had my colonoscopy today and all is well. Libby, Tim, and I are looking forward to seeing you, Pat, and Bennett in less then two weeks! Love, your sister Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really interesting that there seems to be no evidence for the effectiveness of annual physical exams. Howeever, billions are spent every year on them. I favor a conspiracy theory that there are some people getting very rich out them.

    Colonoscopy booked for Oct 12th.

    ReplyDelete