Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chemo on Tuesday

Okay, here we go. Chemo starts Tuesday at 9:30. My port is in place and ready to receive the magic and majestic medicines to get this unwelcome shit out of my body.

I am excited and scared. We will be using a combination of three drugs- 5fU, Leucovorin and Irinotecan. Feel free to look them up, and not tell me. I am still on an Internet diet, because in this case knowledge induces fear, not comfort.

I like my oncologist and feel like he really is interested in saving my life. That's pretty comforting.

I had a reflexology appointment at the Cancer Connection in Florence MA. They have lots of free services for people like me. I haven't yet joined a support group, but have been mulling it over and will keep you posted. So, the reflexology session was like heaven. Lots of non-medical touching and a really great foot and hand massage. She worked on releasing the fluids from my feet and hands, and I have to say an hour later I peed for about five minutes.

Please keep the light coming my way. Most of the time I can feel the radiance.

2 comments:

  1. I love the name of your blog!

    Keep the posts coming - it helps us to direct our positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you have a blog! Another great way to stay connected. You are awesome, Ruth vE, and yes, a warrior. I'm at your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete