Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What a weekend

We are still recovering.

What a weekend mostly great!  We had a bit of a hard time at the graduation.  Bennett and I both had a difficult time.  I struggled with how to support her and myself.  One of the parents came to me and said we were doing what we needed to do - which was crying and hanging on.  That was wonderful to hear and helped me just continue.

Aunt Ruth and Tanta Di were there steadfast and supportive.  Tanta got a video of the kid next to B hitting her which sent her off.  I cannot blame him since he ended up leaving to go to the er with low blood pressure.  This is just pre-school!

The trip to NYC was great.  Bennett loved seeing the babies and I felt like we did the right thing seeing her with them.  Dori was the co-pilot which was great she was wonderfully social after a glass of wine and was able to keep up with B after the party.  I think we jogged a mile or so after B in Manhattan.

B getting grad certificate
Next day was the big b-day bounce house in the park.  We did it!  Bennett was mostly great - having fun with her friends.  I loved all the people who came - they were wonderful!  Bennett had more presents than she could open in a day.

Aunties and Sisters made it happen- thank you!   

Monday Estelle came to hang out with us - she is such a great kid.  At one point in the day B and Estelle were walking through the house and B was telling the story of when Momo died.  Estelle just listened to B it was incredible to watch.

Dori and I went to the gym  and ran 3.5 miles.  Today I ran with Zeus 3 miles today.  We did not do much today -sadly said goodbye to dori and then cleaned.  Tanta Di shopped and we just relaxed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment