Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Up and Way Down

I had such a crappy day. I don't even really know how to describe it. It started with night full of hot flashes, at least five shirt-soaking flashes. That made it very hard to wake up and take B to school. P& I did it together for a couple of reasons, I am not sure I should drive on an opiate, and we had an appointment with the herbal healer. That part of my day was great. It was nice to have to Pat there, to give her opinion and remind me of things. I have come to realization that I tend to automatically say that I am fine instead of saying the list of things that Pat remembers. I have to say her memory is much better these days.

I spent the rest of the day having hot flashes during my nap, then I ate a grapefruit with Bennett and just sat and held her hand for a while. It was lovely. Then I had to get to bed again. It feels like the only place I want to be. I am really crossing my fingers that Sharon can help me with the hot flashes. I think they are why I am so tired all the time.

I have reflexology tomorrow - and so does Pat. It's going to be good for both of us. I hope that tomorrow is better- actually what I want is for tonight to be flash-free.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you have Pat to help you remember and report thoroughly. I'm guessing that's the only way they're going to help manage this rollercoaster under control. At least that's my hope for you. Much love and prayers for a peaceful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ruth, hot flashes are the worst. So exhausting and pointless. I hope that you had a better night last night. Speak to you soon.

    Mary xx

    ReplyDelete