Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, January 20, 2012

And Another

Today was a good day. I woke up so tired that I asked Pat if I could sleep in. She let me. I was only interrupted a few times by Bennett who wanted to know which pair of pants, which pair of socks, which pair of undies, etc had more pink in it and would be worn by a princess or Hello Kitty. Luckily the questions were easy.

I finally got up, showered, went with Pat to get our car out of the shop. I don't want to talk about it. I will just say that I believe that Steve Lewis Subaru are a bunch of jackasses. Enough said. I went to Trader Joe's, went with Pat to Bennett's class to put together a 3D puzzle of the Statue of Liberty. It was a blast, though I was pretty pooped by then. We ate, I put B to bed and now I am posting.

We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tonight. I hope we get it all. I need an act of nature that feels big and makes me stay home. Bennett is having a sleepover with Aunt Ruth and Aunt Theo tomorrow night. She is totally excited, and she admitted, a little bit scared. I think she will do great. She is such a great traveller that I think she will do fine.

We are going to go back to NY for Matilda and Stella's baptism. That's good, I want to see everyone again, and Pat has volunteered to come with me. Bennett would not stand for us to visit those babies without her, so she will come to. It should be fun and lovely. I can't wait to see those babies in their fancy dresses. Oh man, what do I have to wear? I hope the church doesn't mind jeans, I don't fit into anything else. And I am not going to buy myself new clothes. That just seems wasteful at this point.

That's about it. More tomorrow. Let it snow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you'll be here again! This time I'll bring my camera. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2Cor 4:18
    So we fix our eyes on not what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

    I say wear whatever is comfy. You are there for a larger purpose than the outward self. How special to have friends with babies.

    I'll send you a pic of mom with our current favorite baby soon!

    I love you forever.
    Janna

    ReplyDelete