Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Post Slumber Party Blues

If Bennett had her way, we would all live in pods around her own living pod. Always available. Who would be in those pods? Lots of Aunties, Avy, some other kids from school, lots of Uncles and of course there would be a pool.

This is a long way for me to say that B had a most spectacular time at Aunt R&T's house for a slumber party. She was mellow when she came home, she was super sad to see them go, but eased back into life pretty easily. We played and hung out most of the night and it was just great to see her.

Pat and I slept about a million hours. We went to bed around 8 - I didn't get out of bed until 10, I think P got out around 9. We were slugs, but it was so nice just to wake up with no one yelling about princesses or Hello Kitty. Not that I mind, it was just a nice break, you know what I mean.

I had a nice day. I finished sorting Bennett's books - I have three piles. One for Goodwill, one for school and one for Spence (B's pal). The one for Spence in all of B's dinosaur books. She helped me do some sorting yesterday and decided they all needed to go to Spence. I thought that was pretty nice. 

I worked on a hat for Matilda, talked to Jessica, did a  little of this and that. That's pretty much it. Tomorrow is another day, thank God. And I will tell you about it. I need some strong prayers and thoughts coming my way to control the pain. It's getting worse - or I am getting used to the pain meds. It just sucks and is so distracting. I hate it. 

2 comments:

  1. Ruth-- I know what you mean about getting a break from crazy kid stuff. Avy has been singing all the Annie songs (at the top of her lungs) non-stop lately, while simultaneously pretending to scrub the kitchen floor. (If only she were really scrubbing it, I probably wouldn't mind the umpteenth version of "It's a Hard Knock Life!") I am glad that both you and Pat got some mental and physical rest while B had a great time with the aunties.

    Sending prayers your way for greater pain control. I hate that you are in pain. Maybe you need something stronger than Vicodin? Should you call Dr. B? Hope we get to see you this week.

    Love-Sandy

    ReplyDelete