Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ugh!

I have not had much luck today handling my pain. I messed up taking something a little off schedule and that was sort of that. Pat helped me sort it out late in the afternoon, and I have been feeling better. I can now say with confidence that I need pain meds all the time. What a bummer. It's like I went from needing nothing to be cautioned about taking too much Vicodin.

I am not going to post much, but did want to mention that I am beginning to believe that Bennett is one of the luckiest kids I have ever met (aside from the dying and all that). She has so many people who love her and think about her so much. Just this week she got she got three packages in the mail - a box with books from Jessica (that I have read to her no less than 10 times), a Hello Kitty bikini for the trip to St lucia from Aunt Joanne and Cousins Libby and Carly, and yesterday she got the photo album. It's really for B, even though yesterday I made it seem like it was for me.

Aunt Ruth came over for breakfast and a playdate. I saw her for about 3 minutes, Bennett got the rest of the time. Then Avy, Brad and Sandy. Everyone went to the park - I took a nap. Then it was playing. Bennett had a hard time sharing and that was the end of the playing. She was over tired and hungry. She has a very hard getting enough food in her when she is excited.

That's about it. I will post more tomorrow. I have to leave you now to dive into the big bowl of delicious chicken soup made by my personal chef, Pat. She is getting to be a very good cook. Lucky me!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, It has been a while since I have read your blog. You are all often on my mind and I continue to keep you in my prayers and send love your way. You are truly surronded by beautiful people. Thanks for the details of the recent wedding...I heard a rumor that Olivia and Polly tieing the knot but, had no idea they had children as well!! Time flies! Please send hugs to Pat and Bennett. Love and peace, Karen Boucahrd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess today goes in your pain journal for the hospice folks, and hopefully they will help you get a regime going that will be manageable and liveable. That's my hope and prayer for you. Love to you, Pat and Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending much love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete