Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Inside

My sister Janna and my mother sent Bennett an absolutely wonderful photo album of pictures of me and my family (or origin) since birth. I just looked at it with Bennett and she knew who I was until about 12 - then it was the 80s. Eeeek. Did I really do that to my hair on purpose? What about all those earrings? And the make up? I hardly recognized myself. There is one picture of me and my sister Mary - and Bennett asked what Aunt Mary was doing. My answer - hitting me. She also looked at a picture of my sister Mary when she was about 10 and wore little round metal glasses and asked me why I was standing next to Harry Potter.  My heart is 5 times larger than it was before we got this photo album. I love my family so much. They are all so amazing and loving and I am so lucky.

Today I met with Hospice for the first time today. It was great. My assignment this week is to keep a pain journal so they can decide what the best meds will be for me. I am happy about that. I feel like they totally have my back, and that feels great.

I got to talk to poor Jessica and her poor screaming babies today. I hope they have a better night tonight. I can't wait until we see them all again.

Tomorrow it's Aunt Ruth in the morning, Avy in the afternoon. Fun all day. I already reserved a sleep in for the morning - it's going to be good.

3 comments:

  1. OK, Ruth-- I have GOT to see that photo album!! Glad that your meeting with Hospice went well and you will get this pain under control.

    Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

    Love-Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the '80s hair pictures. I think I was as confused as Bennett is about them. I love the whole idea of the photo album. You do have a very wonderful family and their love for you has been amazing!

    Love, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that you deserved the punishment I was imfliciting. And BTW - those were John Lennon glasses and they were cool. (Well I thought so, anyway!)

    Love you. Mxx

    ReplyDelete