Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pain and Slumber Parties

Yeah, it's been a painful day. I have been trying to keep ahead of it with the Vicodin, but it's hard. It doesn't quit cover the four hours that it's supposed to. Then I get grumpy and Pat just tells me to take it, and then I worry that I am doing some harm to my liver. You get the picture. It pretty much sucks, but it's what needs to be figured out and I will do that.

Bennett is at a slumber party with Aunt Ruth and Aunt Theo. She had a big day already - hanging with me in the morning (mostly watching Pat and Brad work on the new loft), sledding with Pat at Avy's house and then off to R&T's. I hope she is okay and having an easy time going to sleep and all that.

It snowed off and on most of the day. We didn't get that much snow, probably 3 inches. It looks nice and I am glad to have it. I love winter days, cozy and lovely to watch.

I took a nap while P&B were sledding. That's about it. I think the Vicodin keeps the bad thoughts away. I have been sleeping pretty well (except the hot flashes), and have not really be dwelling on death. I know it's going to happen, but it feels far away at this point. We just watched one of the Matrix movies, and their portrayal of death is so annoying. It's that last quiet breath and then eyes shut. I know from reading that it is not as pretty as all that. I suppose it could be that peaceful, and maybe I am just annoyed to be reminded of death. I don't know.

It's 7:15 pm and and I am waiting until 8 to go to sleep. I want to go right now, but somehow it seems untoward to go to bed at 7 on the one Saturday in a long time that my daughter is not here. I should be whooping it up, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ruth,
    We are too lucky. Your daughter is fast asleep (by 9:30!--late, I know, but not because of high hilarity, we just stayed up reading). Perhaps tomorrow you will post a picture of your small gnome lady in gnome regalia (although she insists she was an elf). Also, who knew that Bennett could be such regal dinner company? She sipped milk from a princess goblet and was quite elegant. Now, if we could just brush her teeth, we'd feel like very virtuous aunties. She is just great! We are sleeping on the fold-out bed in the living room, and looking forward to tomorrow morning.
    Lots of love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete