Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, January 16, 2012

Back from NYC

What a great trip we had! We had an easy ride there. The hotel was cute and funky and in my old neighborhood's tire selling area, but now gussied up. Jessica, Stella and Matilda were excellent hosts, and of course it was super fun to see Bob and Jim.

We spent a lot of time holding babies, petting babies, kissing babies' heads and generally being lulled into the world of baby-ness. Bennett was aces with the babies and immediately loved them. The moment she laid eyes on Stella, she put her hand in the car seat and started holding her hand. It was lovely. I can only say they are the sweetest, cutest and smartest babies I have met in a long time. I will be going back to get more of that love.

We stayed in this boutique hotel that must have been a warehouse of some sort. It was cute and the only things in the room were a giant bed (with the softest sheets I have ever felt) and TV on the wall. Oh, yeah, there was a night stand. Anyway, the first night was rough because someone on our floor was having a loud party that involved a lot of door slamming. It finally died down about 3. The next morning I asked the doorperson if another party was scheduled for that night and few other snotty things. Pat pretended we were not together. Thankfully the next night was very quiet. I think it's the quietest night sleep I've gotten in NY in a long time. Who is going to be walking down a street filled with tire sellers on a Sunday night?

Bob, Jim, Pat, Bennett and I went the the Brooklyn Museum to see a really great show called Hide and Seek. It was works of art that showed all kind of secret- and not-so-gay themes. It was very interesting. Bennett's favorite art piece was the huge pile of candies in the corner - and part of the piece was you were supposed to eat them. She loved art at that moment.

Last night I had a nice fancy dinner with Bob and Jim. Pat and Bennett spent the evening with Jessica and the girls. It was wonderful to have that time together. Hard things were said, tears were shed, then off to the Chocolate Room with everyone for chocolate goodies and fine port. It was an excellent night.

We are all home now. I am in bed with the bed heater on. I am exhausted in the best possible way. Tomorrow I take B to school, Pat is getting her lumber order and I have phone calls to make. Back to real life. Oh, what I wouldn't give to just have a tiny baby sleeping on my chest all the time. Talk about bringing everything down to the essentials...it's marvelous.

2 comments:

  1. We loved every minute with you, and wanted so much more. We can't wait to come visit after you get back from St. Lucia.

    Love, love, love to you and your girls.

    Jim & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ruth--Wow, it is fantastic how good you sound. You can't go wrong with babies, because they are still close to god. I personally think that Bennett has not shed her closeness to god as soon as most humans do, although there is a strong possibility I am biased. Toes and I are glad to have you all back. Let's see what tomorrow brings!
    Lots of love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete